As part of the Novanet Consortium of libraries, the SMU Library is updating its online catalogue. While we prepare for the updates to go live, there will be a brief disruption in library services from May 9-17. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we upgrade the Library’s catalogue.
During the service interruption from May 9-17, you can continue to:
- Browse the Library catalogue, and access ebooks and online articles
- Sign out and return books
- Get an ID card
- Book a study room
- Request a SMU book by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What can I expect during this brief disruption to the Library’s catalogue?
- May 9-17: All online Library account functions are disabled. You will not be able to see current loans, holds or other requests. You cannot place holds or renewals online. For questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.
- May 11-17: During this time, books must be checked in and out manually. It might take an extra minute to sign out items at the desk. You cannot pay fines on borrowed equipment or pay to replace a lost ID. Remember, there are no fines for overdue books at SMU. You will never be charged late fines for overdue books.
New Library account login
From May 17 onward please use your SMU email and password to login to your Library account. Your Library account is used to manage loans and holds, renew materials, and save searches.
Novanet Classic (old Novanet Catalogue) retired May 17
From May 17 onward, the Novanet Classic catalogue will not be available for searching books in the Library collection. Please bookmark the new Novanet search page instead. This interface will provide similar search functions to Novanet Classic.
Links and images on website and in Library courses
Links to some online resources including books, ebooks, databases, and articles may need to be replaced after system upgrades go live. Library staff are working hard to avoid this, but please check links to Library resources you have saved and report problems to Library staff.
Library courses (e.g.: Research Base, Academic Integrity Foundations) and guides on the Library website may contain outdated images and links for a brief time. We appreciate your understanding while we update these materials over the summer.
For any questions or concerns about your Library account or borrowing books, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org